The first Hardy Bouglé reel was catalogued in 1903, and was, as it remains to this day, a variation on the famous Hardy Perfect reel. The variation was initially requested by Frenchman Louis Bouglé, an extremely knowledgeable fisherman and tournament caster who requested that Hardy produce a reel with a good line capacity which remained light enough to balance rods between 41/2oz and 8oz. From this initial request, the Bouglé reel went from strength to strength and became one of the most famous reels in angling history.
The latest generation of the Bouglé was launched for the reel's 110th birthday in 2013, and we feel is one of the best yet - with its rolling pillar; reversible click check; naval brass bush and spindle; and its hand polished, deep anodized ‘pearl silver' finish. This Bouglé reel is sure to become one of the classics.
Made by time served Hardy Bros. reel makers here in Alnwick, England, this Bouglé reel comes presented in a beautiful, UK made, soft leather, sheepskin lined reel case.
- Sweet sounding, wide ranging check system
- Naval brass bush and spindle
- Deep anodized bar stock aluminum in Pearl Silver finish
- Easily changed from left- to right-hand wind
- Spools interchangeable with Bouglé Mk VII, VI, V & IV
- Supplied with Hardy Bros. soft leather, sheepskin lined reel pouch